C.V.Posted on November 11, 2008
A seasoned marketing and communications professional with over 20 years of experience and a solid track record of success in the following:
- International and U.S. market positioning & branding.
- Traditional and contemporary marketing methods and tactics.
- Brand and content strategies for corporate Web sites, publications and collateral, ensuring effective tone, voice, message, quality and consistency in supporting the corporate brand.
- Change management and communications
- Leading cross-functional development teams in planning, design and deployment of interactive, customer-centric Web sites and applications for internal, external and private audiences (extranets).
- Hands-on, detailed management of effective trade shows, integrated campaigns, demand-generation programs and public relations strategy.
M.B.A. — Marketing/Advertising Management, Fordham University, New York, N.Y. (1989)
B.S. — Marketing, Fordham University, Bronx, N.Y. (1983)
Coursework in Humanities – Ukrainian Catholic University, Rome, Italy (1978)
MARKETING ARTIST, L.L.C. – Metuchen, N.J.
January 2009 to present: Principal
- Leading an active consulting practice specializing in corporate and marketing communications, with a primary focus on contemporary Web sites and social media.
- Editor and moderator of ReallyRocketScience.com, an online community for the satellite communications and commercial space industries.
- Executed on-site communications consulting contracts for Novartis, URS Corp. and GS1 US.
SES S.A. – Princeton, N.J.
November 2001 – December 2008: Marketing Communications Manager
- Led strategic development of integrated marketing campaigns targeting broadcast television, cable networks, value-added resellers, and the U.S. Federal Government.
- Managed multiple Web sites (in as many as eight languages), including: content strategy and international user experience, organic search-engine optimization, and creative direction.
- Reporting directly to the CEO, led teams of employees and teams of external consultants for a major change management program focused on building and executing social media strategy for the company.
- Successfully managed multiple advertising & branding campaigns in the U.S. and internationally.
- Managed a team of consultants and the design, development and launch of two overhauled Web sites and a corporate blog with an aggressive timeline; campaign included television, radio, online and print advertising — as part of a $3 million branding campaign focused solely on the Washington D.C. Market
- Executed demand-generation campaign netting a nine-fold return-on-investment (ROI) in long-term contracts
GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY – Princeton, N.J.
GE American Communications, a GE Capital Company
January 1999 to November 2001: Manager, Marketing
- Responsible for leading a highly successful Six Sigma project in evaluating trade show effectiveness. Project’s conclusions resulted in an immediate 11% cost reduction.
- Introduced services in new international markets in Europe, Asia and South America.
- Principal member of e-Business team, a cross-functional entity of sales, finance, and engineering managers establishing leading-edge relationship marketing strategies and tactics; launched two customer extranets.
- Doubled advertising impressions while reducing CPMs by 75%.
- Produced live video broadcasts originating from Kazakhstan and French Guiana to global audiences, using terrestrial, satellite and IP-multicasting/streaming technologies.
- Selected as delegate to the GE global communicators conference in 1999.
SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION – New York, N.Y.
Smithsonian and AIR&SPACE Magazines
March 1991 to December 1998: Events/Production Manager
- Managed national advertising sales events and outings, cultivating relationships with high-end corporate clients and senior ad agency executives.
- Improved quality of national events through effective programming.
- Responsible for design, development and production of promotional materials.
- Created and produced trade ads in-house, resulting in a direct cost savings of $450,000 while increasing Smithsonian’s visibility in the marketplace; campaign consistently earned highest readership/recall scores in Advertising Age (Starch/INRA Hooper, 1993).
- Conceived and co-produced the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra’s New York City debut at a dinner dance for advertisers in 1992.
CLARK/LEONARD ASSOCIATES, INC. – New York, N.Y.
March 1985 to March 1991: General Manager
- Responsible for business operations of family-owned commercial art & graphic design studio serving the advertising, public relations, and publishing industries.
- Developed an intimate knowledge of a variety of design and print production processes, and successfully maintained profitability through operational efficiency and revenue diversification during revolutionary changes in graphic arts.
Recent Contracting Experience
TayganPoint Consulting Group – Lambertville, N.J.
September 2011 to present
- On-site change management communications strategy and planning, focusing on content/messaging development and execution (internal audiences; Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp).
- Developed, wrote/edited two intranet sites using SharePoint for content management
URS Corp. – Princeton, N.J.
April 2011 to May 2011: Proposals Contractor
- As part of the Power Division’s Marketing & Planning group, wrote, edited and coordinated the preparation of complex proposals for engineering, design, modification and construction of U.S. power generation facilities (nuclear & fossil).
GS1 US — Lawrenceville, N.J.
October 2010 to January 2011: Solutions Marketing Specialist
- Created and developed go-to-market messaging for a new Solution Partner Program unifying discrete barcode and EPC/RFID reseller and service provider programs.
- Factored global considerations in launching program to the U.S. market. GS1 US, formerly known as the Uniform Code Council, represents, develops and perpetuates the GS1 System of Standards, used in 150 countries by more than a million companies.
- “Stevie” Award finalist in 2005, 2007 and 2009 (American Business Awards) for integrated B-to-B campaigns.
- GE Summit Award, September 2000.
- Marketing Person of the Year: April 1996 (Smithsonian, Advertising Department).
- Grand Prize winner, 4-color Poster Category – Annual International Printing Craftsmen/Rochester Printing Club Graphic Arts Competition, 1994.
- Web site design, architecture and execution
- Sales lead generation, customer relationship management, and demand creation.
- Electronic publishing and software, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, IIlustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), Quark XPress and Microsoft Office, including SharePoint, FrontPage and Publisher.
- Using WordPress, Blogger and Drupal for content management and blogging.
- Enterprise systems and applications such as SAP, Siebel, Oracle, Lotus Notes (plus QuickPlace) and NPS Fiona.
- Compliance training in International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), relating specifically to satellite communications systems.
- Corporate blogging policies and guidelines
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Published photographer
- Fluency in Ukrainian
- Played semi-professional soccer in 1982 (Yonkers Ukrainians)
- Active skier and occasional competitor (NASTAR Silver Medal, Hunter Mountain, 2011)